Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Perks of Being a Wallflower

source
Well well, where do I start...?
This book is hard to describe but I should probably mention the fact that it's a "coming-of-age novel", so if you're not into this stuff or if you're too adult for it, you may want to skip this post and check out my recipes or something...

I don't even remember how I found out about this book but I started reading it in Germany a couple of months ago and I loved the first 30 pages. I was then very disappointed when I discovered that you can't really read the whole book on the website I found, so I just stopped reading and decided to start over when I'm back home. And last week I uploaded the book on my E-book reader and started reading it again from the beginning. I'm telling you, it is 224 pages of pure amazingness.

I just love how unique this book is and how none of the characters is annoying to me in any way. I don't think that's ever happened before...

I'm not going to give you a summary of the plot, I'm just going to say that this is one of those books that you just can't stop reading once you start. Somehow everything the protagonist says [the book is written in letters that the protagonist writes to an anonymus friend] makes you agree with him or at least smile, even if some of the stuff is really silly.

There are some really good songs and books mentioned in it, so it actually opens your eyes for great literature and great music, while you're reading.
What's there not to love about this book!

There's going to be a movie based on the book, directed by the writer himself, who also wrote the script. Sounds promising, huh? I really hope this book is not going to be "ruined" after the movie is made. The cast is also pretty good, by the way.
You can read more about the book here and see the trailer of the movie here. It will be released in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment